Join us for this event and hear special guest Dr. Murray Cohen, 20 years with the CDC crafting policy for infection prevention, share how the influenza virus spreads and how those facts affect infection prevention effectiveness.
Mr. Heller – Germ Expert – will share key research findings about how visitors with “sub-acute” fever pose the greatest threat to patients and staff – increasing the risk of Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAI’s).
During the 30 minute event you will learn:
- How important is influenza and how is it spread?
- Which HAI’s can be caused by influenza and RSV and how to prevent them?
- How persons with sub-acute temperatures can be “super spreaders” – expanding the threat of illness spread to staff and care givers.
- What makes influenza so dangerous to immunocompromised patients and residents?
- Learn how you can stop the spread of this highly contagious virus before staff and those they care for are effected.